WAYS TO DONATE
The CHS Veterans Ring of Honor Project
This project is a significant opportunity for our community to come together and create a site where we celebrate and honor the sacrifice that our local Veterans have made over the past century.
It is important to note that there is no cost to any Veteran to be included in this project. All costs to design, build, collect registrations, etc. is being covered through the generous support of our community.
If you are a veteran or have a friend or relative who is a veteran and wish to support the building of the project as well as be included, we have different ways you can support and participate.
All of the paved area for the Ring of Honor will be individual bricks and you have the opportunity to purchase a brick in honor of a veteran. While the actual monument walls will have the names of local veterans, you are welcome to buy a brick for any veteran from anywhere in the country.
Along with the main brick for the project, you will also be offered the opportunity to purchase a “mini-brick” which is a replica that can be kept by your family or gifted to the veteran you are honoring.
To purchase and design your brick you can go directly to the website or download the form.
Some have requested additional mini-bricks and while only one can be ordered within the initial order placement, if you would like more, please send an email to email@example.com and we can order those for you and invoice you separately.
If you wish to simply support the project with a cash donation, please click on the donation button below. You will be redirected to our PayPal account to complete the donation.
Provide War Memorabilia
When you register your veteran, we will ask for any photos you might have that are relevant to the war to be uploaded so we can determine the best way to display and honor those who have served from our community.
There will also be an opportunity to loan or donate mementos such as uniforms, photos and other artifacts from their veteran’s service to the Chico History Museum where there will be a perpetual display of our local veterans.
Important Details about your donations:
- All donations are managed by Golden Valley Bank Community Foundation.
- GVBCF is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt Foundation with supervisory board.
- Donations over $250 will receive a thank you letter from the Golden Valley Bank Foundation with their 501(c)(3) tax exempt number.
- Brick pavers with memorial engravings may be purchased online from ecommerce site with funds in excess of cost going to the Foundation.
- All payments out of the Foundation will be made by Foundation supervisory board.
- Any excess donations will get routed to perpetual Chico Veteran display at Chico History Museum and possibly other Veteran causes the Foundation finds appropriate.